Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quick Makeup Tips!

By: Shane Terenzi

I was talking with my sister last night and she asked me for a couple quick things to do with makeup that were easy but made it look like she put effort into her appearance. I totally understand that people don’t have forty-five minutes to do a smoky eye with eyeliner, a smashing bold lip, and full foundation. It is just not realistic. So, I came up with a couple quick makeup tips and products that can help you have a complete look with only spending less than 5 minutes on your makeup!

The first is eye shadow. Sometimes it is fun to spend time coming up with cool color combinations but when you’re late running out the door, you just want to throw on something. Use Urban Decay’s Eye Shadow Primer Potion. If you buy it in Champagne you can put a little on and it gives your eyes a nice shimmer to them. It will dry and not crease which is always nice not to worry about. Once you have the primer, you can also use this before putting on your normal eye shadow and it should make it last longer and also, not crease.

The mascara that I use and swear by is Benefit’s BAD gal Lash. It has a great consistency, does not clump, and does what you want from mascara. The thing that I like about BAD gal is that it lasts. If you put it on before going out for the night, you will not need to go the bathroom to reapply or de-clump your lashes.

Another great, easy thing to do to complete a look is using Smashbox’s O-Gloss. It is the coolest gloss out there. What happens is that you put the gloss on as usual, but then it changes to your lip color and brings a more reddish-pink color to it. It is different for each person (obviously because everyone’s coloring is different) but really creates a nice effect. I was on a photo shoot awhile ago, and after the shoot the model took off all the makeup because she was going to another casting, and whips out O-Gloss and puts it on. In like 2 minutes she turned around, and I was like, “I thought you took off your makeup?” She then told me about O-Gloss and since then I have loved it.

So those are just three really awesome products that make getting ready simple and quick. The eye shadow primer doesn’t require any precision, the mascara is, well, mascara, and the O-Gloss does the work so you don’t have to! Let me know if you guys have any questions and I’ll try to come up with some other tips for the future…


Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sterenzi_makeup

Photo Credits: Company websites of each product

No comments:

Post a Comment