Friday, March 19, 2010

The Bronzers That Rock!

By: Shane Terenzi

So it is the first sign of great weather on the East Coast and people are starting to lay out in the sun to get as dark as they can. I love the good weather because it makes everyone so much happier! As the spring and summer are approaching I never think it is too early to start adding a little color to your face- this makes a real suntan not as shocking from your pasty winter skin. The easiest way to do this is adding a touch of bronzer to your everyday makeup – I am not talking about Snookie from the Jersey Shore amount of bronzer (and fake tanning) but just a little to start warming up your face.


My three top bronzers I use vary in price but achieve the same result.


The first bronzer that I had ever tried was Cargo’s Medium Bronzer. Obviously you would pick the shade that best fits your skin tone, but with using any shade, this is a great product. It goes on light, but layers nicely with other foundations and tinted moisturizers. Sometimes with a thick heavy product, you load up your brush and where you place it on your cheek, the product places and does not move or blend well – this is not the case with Cargo’s. It is relatively inexpensive as bronzers go and online at their website you can get it for $25.00


MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder isn’t technically a “bronzer” but I have used it as one. This is perfect if you don’t want to add definition to your cheeks or T-Zone, but just want an overall darker feel. I use a “Handy Buki” brush (at Bare Essentials for $20) and with not attention to detail apply it all over the face. It adds a nice, darker shade to your face without making it look un-natural. This product lists for $28.00


The final bronzer I recommend is a new product to me, but I am already in love with it. It is from Estee Lauder and is called the Bronze Goddess Exotic Bronzing Blush. This is a combination bronzer and blush (will work well for skin tones that have a little red in them). This bronzer is great to apply on your cheekbones and a dash on your T-Zone to tie it all in. I would not use this all over you face as you can the MAC one. This product is such a great addition to their line as it combines two products in one. A lot of women don’t know if they can wear bronzer and blush, and if they want to, do not know how to apply it. This product is both. As I said, apply it like a blush and it will warm and darken your face up to a great sun kissed look! This product is listed at $35.00


Hope this helps and let me know if there are any products you would like recommendations on! Enjoy the nice weather!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sterenzi_makeup

Photo Credits: Company Websites of Each Product

No comments:

Post a Comment