Friday, January 22, 2010

An Introduction to Me!

By: Shane Terenzi

Why start a blog? The reason that I decided to begin blogging is to stay active and in-tune with my industry, the entertainment industry. It will make me be proactive and research the trends, analyze celebrities choices in makeup, try different products, and let you all in on how it is to try to make it as a celebrity makeup artist! I am excited to give you my perspective of what’s going on in Hollywood and NYC.

So who am I? My name is Shane Terenzi. Born and raised in Connecticut, I was always influenced in the arts. For college I decided to move across the country and attend college in Los Angeles, CA. Living there for five years I got to begin to see the city of money, fame, and excess. I worked for a production company that produced award shows and charity dinners where I was introduced to celebrity makeup. The celebrities that attended these events included Halle Berry, Natasha Bedingfield, and Kelly Clarkson, to name a few. The different styles that these women had were so unique and different from each other. Their makeup was not drastically different but their choices separated their looks completely.

Moving to NYC I began concentrating on my makeup career. I took intensive course studies of beauty, character, and airbrush makeup and studio hairstyling at The Makeup Designory in SoHo, NYC. After finishing my studies there, I quickly started developing clients in the print and editorial world as well as in the Hollywood community. I did two television pilots, one for B.E.T. and the other Adult Swim.

In September I took a month trip back to Los Angeles where I had the chance to work for Project Runway’s Carol Hannah Whitfield for the 2009 Primetime Emmy Awards. The next project I worked on was the 2009 Environmental Media Awards where my clients included The Devil Wears Prada's Simon Baker, Brother and Sister's Calista Flockhart and Emily Vancamp, and Glee's Diana Agrove. Coming back to NYC, my next clients included The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Needless to say, the fall was very successful.

In November I teamed up with Erica Maniscalco, a fabulous makeup artist, so that we could push and motivate each other. Erica became an editor for The Fashion Journal and brought me in on several projects for the February issue. The Fashion Journal is a quarterly fashion publication dedicated to showcasing emerging designers in the realm of fashion, art, photography, beauty, accessories, etc. It was great to work on a really creative fashion editorial and beauty shoot.

So, I guess that gets you caught up with me. I have recently begun my makeup career but have been fortunate to have some amazing opportunities. I am excited to talk about celebrity’s makeup, new products and keep you all up to date with my journey as a makeup artist.

1 comment:

  1. congrats. now you follow me. :) tinybluesquare.com

    welcome to the blogosphere . . .

    c

    ReplyDelete