Sunday, January 24, 2010

The 2010 SAG Awards

By: Shane Terenzi

The Screen Actor Guild Awards were last night and the celebrities dressed to impress. Overall, I thought the effort in hair and makeup along with their choices in outfits, made the SAG Awards so much more glamorous than The Golden Globes just a week earlier. My three top picks were Kate Hudson, Diane Kruger, and Jane Krakowski. I have to admit, if you dress in old Hollywood glamour, and look good doing it, you will move to the top of my list.

I think that is what the red carpet is there for. It is a throw back to the movie premieres when Greta Garbo and Bette Davis would get all dolled up, the cameras were flashing, and these gorgeous women would strut their stuff. That is why I loved these three women last night. Kate Hudson took the more modern twist of old Hollywood. In her floor length gown designed by Emilio Pucci, she walked the carpet with elegance and style. Her hair was pulled back and up in a loose low bun and her makeup was simple and clean. This is the second gown in just two award shows that she has decided to wear a white gown; I am interested in seeing her next choice.

Jane Krakowski rocked the red carpet in her Alberta Feretti gown. I absolutely loved Krakowski’s hair and makeup last night. She drew attention to her eyes while still making her lips pop. The classic red lip is so perfect for a night like the SAG Awards. Her hair had a side part and curls Marilyn Monroe would become jealous of. Her overall look was just spot on.



My overall favorite was Diane Kruger in her Jason Wu gown. The fit of the gown was perfect and had the movement and grace a gown for this event should. More important than her gown was her stunning hair and makeup. Simply put, it was beautiful. Her eyes were done very naturally, a light taupe eyes shadow with a hint of warm red or orange. The lips were done with a matte red that matched perfectly with her accessories. It drew it all in. Her hair was in a low ponytail with subtle waves in it (almost that it had 1930’s finger waves in it the night before). It was the classic old Hollywood I love.

I was really impressed last night with everyone’s look. The cast of Glee was no exception and some of the classic go-to for fashion perfection took some chances that I appreciated (Marion Cotillard). I can’t wait to see the next red carpet.


Make sure to follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sterenzi_makeup


Photo Credits: Hudson- Huffington Post, Krakowski- wireimage, Kruger- justjared.com

No comments:

Post a Comment